Similar to the SQL Server Spatial training course, this hands-on course demonstrates how to use the SQL spatial commands to their full extent, create spatial queries and explore the possibilities of using the SQL geometry data type within the PostgreSQL\PostGIS database environment. It is designed to provide GIS or Database Administrators with an additional skill set that will further enhance their ability to analyse within a spatial context.
On completion of this course users will be able to:
- Better understand the pgAdmin tools from a spatial perspective.
- Create more advanced SQL queries.
- Understand the importance of spatial indexing.
- Manipulate geometry within the database.
- Use ogr2ogr to upload and download spatial data within the database.
- Incorporate SQL Spatial commands within existing structures.